Friday, January 16, 2009

Bad Day 16/01/09

16th JAN 2009 not a good day for me i think...
Noon, go to lab, met Dr.Razip, discuss my problems with him, he calculate enzyme activity, teach me some theories and adjust my protocol...

Then, I went to my biotech lab to prepare my culture medium for D1 isolate for autoclaving. While waiting for autoclave, I'm going for subculturing the isolate from Agar.

After subcultured, I'm trying to do gram staining. The bad thing start from here, I'm using the fire to fix the sample on my glass slide, Then, burn the glass is what I didn;t try before, Lab assistant just told us not to do, but why... so I'm put my glass on the fire... Then, it boom! become pieces, WOW! A small piece of the hot glass drop on my hand, lagi WOW!, i push it away, but my dead skin gone, left white layer of it...

Right after my hand kena boom...

Closer look

After some time, some 'liquid' inside the skin already...swelling...

If I'm wearing a lab coat, it should not be happened, then why am I not wearing a lab coat? 
Is my mistake this time, I'm should be wearing a lab coat in the lab while doing lab work...

Ok, is broken so I have to use another galss slide for gram staining...
After did it, cant show me anything, so I redo.

3rd glass, look quite successful, but at the last stage, after I added in safranin, I drop it accidentally, and, it broken again.

4th glass, I manage to stain it, but I think the layer of the cells are too thick, I cant c anything from the slide...

4.30pm then, the medium autoclaved, so I decide to subculture D1 isolate first, After subcultured is already 5.30pm, Then i keep my stuff, planning to go pool...

For fitness test...

No comments: